Becoming a Peace Dale Firefighter
The Union Fire District has many training opportunities that are available. They include:
• NFPA Firefighter 1 and 2 Certification
• Apparatus Driver/Operator
• Vehicle and Machinery Extrication
• SCUBA Diver
• Hazardous Materials (HAZ-MAT)
• Technical Rescue (ropes, confined space)
Your First Year
Your first year will be a training period called your "probationary period".
During this time you will be expected to attend weekly drills so that you can learn firefighting skills. We normally drill on Wednesday evenings from 7:00-9:00. We also get together on Sunday mornings (10:00-12:00) for more informal training.
If you make this commitment and work hard you will be voted in for full membership 1 year from your anniversary date.
Would you like to volunteer?